Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I'm home from the hospital

I was released from the VA hospital Monday evening, got home about 8:00 pm, in time for my 68th birthday today (4/15/14). Happy tax day to all my readers. I have oral antibiotics and a 24/7 IV drip with two antibiotics running. Added another nebulizer treatment four times a day (now 7 total, about 15 minutes each), but it helps bring up mucus by making me cough, thus easing the breathing. Feeling weak and shaky, but better than when I went in. The next couple of weeks should bring clarity. Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers. "I intend to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer." (Extra credit if you know the quote without Google.)

The blog postings will be very limited due to the on-going challenges from my lung transplant, which is not doing well. So I have to delete 90% of incoming email unread. I will continue to post health update, but I know they are boring and will not be offended if you skip them.

From a Marine buddy from 1965:

Dear Bob,
You're the ONLY politician I've ever wanted to have get better, health-wise. I'd like them ALL to get better at serving the public. I'd pray for you, but I don't want God to judge you by your associations.  --John P.


~Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment