Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Books


A couple of people who have written off-line have asked why I don't write a book. Well, I have. Two are published, but I think they would be of little interest to the readers of this blog.

One is The Good Bits, a collection of my Marine and political stories, that I put together for my granddaughter, and put in book form through a print-on-demand company. Pretty boring if you don't know me, and has probably only sold 100 copies. On the other hand, I make $4 on each book (if they still print them) and haven't broken even yet on the set-up charge, so feel free. But you were warned.

The other book is on Association Management, published last summer by ASAE. It's entitled Chaos for Breakfast and is available through their website and on Amazon. It will only be of interest if you are in non-profit management. Cover is above. All royalties go to educational foundations, so I'm not getting rich on this one either.


I have written two others.

CYA: Protecting Yourself in the Modern Jungle is a short humor/advice book.

Susie's Mommy Votes is a non-partisan (really!) children's book educating kids about voting. My thought was to teach them how to think about politics, not what to think, so they could make informed choices. Probably an approach that wouldn't be favored in our schools.

I have them out looking for a publisher, but they may never see the light of day. People seem to prefer my writing when I don't charge for it!

You'll do better for both entertainment and education to read the Sowell books, or America Alone that I recommended in my last post.

3 comments:

  1. I applaud your forthrightness and insightful thinking.

    I think we are very close to being on the same wave length. Your blog was sent to me by a mutual reader, who thought I would enjoy your views.

    I did!

    Keep up the great work.
    Kindest personal regards,

    Birk
    Commonsensetarian and Citizen Of The Republic
    www.orcastl.com
    Just slap my face with a mouse to enter the Birk Blog...where I am alone in my mind without adult supervision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your 'I'm Tired' article.

    I write a Christian based Journal that also helps other disabled combat Veterans navigate thru the corrupt VA system, PTSD, Agent Orange, etc. I served in the Army, 6 months in Germany and 3 years/ tours in Vietnam, helicopter door gunner with the 240th AHC [Assault Hel. Com] at Camp BearCat- 2nd tour. What a rush! I am retired from Chrysler after 30.5 years. I am fully committed to supporting the U.S. Constitution, especially the 1st and 2nd Amendments. Obama and the Dims are losers-- but-- Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! Heaven is my Home.
    I hope you are able to visit my humble Blog some time and comment-- if your wish.

    Cordially,
    Tom Schuckman
    tschuckman@aol.com
    Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog about one of your books.If you need a publisher I have a cousin in Cinn. OH. She is quite small still but you will find no one who works harder than she. She puts out a quarterly magazine called KIKI. You can go to KiKimag.com to find out a little more about her. Tell her that her cousin Susie sent you. Blessings in all that you stand for! Sphotinos@charter.net

    ReplyDelete